Tuesday, April 1, 2008

FINDING A DEAD FATHER

My dad got very sick one day.
He went home to get some rest.
No one had heard from him in days.
Got out of school.
Mom said were going to see your father to see if he is alright.

We went to the store to get him some stuff to help him get better.
Went home to get my brothers
Drove to his apartment
Walked up the stairs
Opened the door
Looked in his room.

He was just laying there, went to the kitchen to put the food down.
My older brother said "somebody wake him up."
I said "I'll do it."
I walked into his room, said "dad wake up"
I walked over to his bed
I touched him

He was cold and he wasn't breathing.
I screamed "HE'S DEAD."
My brothers came running into his room
They tried to wake him
They were starting to cry.

My big brother ran down stairs
I called my grandma to tell her that her baby boy was dead
My little brother called my big sister to tell her that her daddy was dead
He told my mom "HE'S DEAD"
They came back up stair

My mom called 911
They pronounced him dead
I will never forget that day for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

G. Latman said...

Good personal narrative of a painful experience. Try to write some poetry with figurative language. Use some of the poetic devices that have been presented to you in class. After all, this poetry unit is part of a class in Survey of Literature, not creative writing, and what I mean by that is you are being taught specific concepts, which you are expected to master.